We don’t want to be dogmatic. We just want everyone to get along and prosper. Comments and additions to these rules are welcome.
- As in other areas of our lives, we don’t and won’t like everyone. We shouldn’t let that get in the way of the group moving forward.
- Take notes on what happens in meetings, conversations, etc., to avoid re-creating the wheel.
- Be honest. We all have opinions and should free to express them. Especially if it is something we REALLY can’t live with. But be prepared to not win every argument and move on.
- Be sure to balance honesty with tact and good humor. Personal attacks, unprofessional/mean/untrue statements, or non-constructive criticism is a big no-no.
- Be nice.
- Rules are made to be reviewed and updated.
- Be creative. Encourage the crazy.
In the words of Steve Jobs:
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently…they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.”